A. SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT SECTOR
BARANGAY NUTRITION ACTION PLAN OF 2008
The government’s thrusts of decentralization/devolution calls for empowerment of committees and the promotion of local planning implementing and managing programs, projects and activities which are now responsive to the needs of an area within the framework of area development.
Barangay Nutrition Planning is an important responsibility of the Nutrition Committee which is chaired by the Punong Barangay. It allows for the most efficient and effective use of resources in order to accomplish the plans and to achieve the objectives.
Barangay Nutrition Plans are formulated but it must be realistic, specific, feasible and tailored to the particular needs of the Barangay, meaning each Barangay has different nutritional status from each other. So it needs different activities to address the problems.
The technical Committee of the City Nutrition Committee was tapped and scheduled to assist in the activity. Coordination with the Barangay Committees was done by the City Nutrition Action Officer, submitted to the Barangay Nutrition Committee for funding approval of the Punong Barangay.
OBJECTIVES: To activate and involve local leadership in the planning, implementation and Management of a sustainable Barangay Nutrition Program.
1. To prepare a feasible nutrition plan with projects/activities recommended by the Nutrition Committee and appropriate/source out operating funds.
2. To utilize local data collected as basis for preparing the situational analysis and formulating action plans.
3. To review previous plans, identify problems, gaps in program implementation and recommended solutions.
Duration of Workshop — One (I) day 9:00AM- 3:00PM
Participants: Barangay Nutrition/Committee members, Treasurer, Secretary and other Civic leaders
Regalo sa Barangay
On December 9, 2008 marked the highlight of Eid-ul Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) day of the Muslims all over the world. On this day the PB as head of the Almaarif Educational Center generously offered gifts to the constituents of Campo Filipino. The gift is composed of 2 kilos of beef and 2 kilos of rice.
HEALTH AND SANITATION
The Health and Sanitation committee conducted some activities in monitoring the wellbeing of the constituents. Some these were: Inspection of Business Establishments, Canal and Drainage system, Schools, Water sources; Water Sampling; Salt testing in Eateries, Bakeries, Hotel and Restaurants; Orientation of food handlers; and attended DHST meeting.
PUBLIC SAFETY AND PROTECTION
The Barangay brigade (tanods) conducted area of responsibilities patrol especially at the sing along business area as requested by Police station 1. They attended clean up drive of the Barangay and participated on Barangay activities and as much as possible maintain peace and order in the community. They conducted traffic especially during Sunday specifically along busy street like Naguilian road, and Roman Ayson road. They delivered summons and other related Barangay office communications to be delivered.
BARANGAY CLEANLINESS MAINTENANCE
As part of the Social wellness accomplishment, Campo Filipino had assigned three (3) street cleaners as previously mentioned. Schedule of their cleaning was every Monday and Thursday of the Month from 8:00 am to 12:00 noontime. Their areas of cleaning are: Naguilian road all the way down to Ferguson road, Brower road and its extension and Roman Ayson road.
Through its own initiative, Campo Filipino occasionally conducted general cleaning in the Barangay areas. Inviting its industrious constituents, the Barangay officials lead the clean up drive.
Garbage problem had been evident everywhere in the Barangay especially along Ferguson road due to the indiscriminate dumping by constituents from inside and outside the Barangay. For this reason, the Barangay council came up with the decision to set a warning for those who perform such unethical behavior. As a result, no single piece of garbage was visible on the area.
B. INFRASTRUCTURE AND UTILITIES DEVELOPMENT
Urbano-Gapasin Canal/Drainage system was a controversial issue within the neighborhood of Kag. Remedios Gonzalo. It was always an unsuccessful project since previous Barangay administration. It was only in this present administration that the project became a successful one. The council struggled to settle the disputes between the parties involved in this project. Consequently, right after the settlement the council made an effort to realize its implementation through the help of the City government of Baguio. The canal was then implemented and benefited by more or less 7 families within its vicinity.
During rainy seasons, the area along Gaerlan Street seemed to be prone to heavy flood. Thus, some constituent complaint that due to poor drainage system, the rain could cause flooding of the area which may affect their safety. Efforts of requests to City Engineers office had been made several times. Nothing happens after all these request. As emergency needs called attention to everyone, and at its own initiative, the Barangay council unclogged by themselves the said drainage leaving no sign of congestion within it..
Consequently, Gaerlan Street became smooth and safe to everyone.
Ferguson Canal rehabilitation
The DPWH performed canal repair along Ferguson Road within the Barangay extending down to part of Guisad. The Barangay council assisted them in securing the project. As a result, Ferguson road is now smooth and safe.
C. DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION
TRAININGS/SEMINARS AND ORIENTATIONS ATTENDED:
1) System and Procedures on the Management of Barangay Funds, Teachers’ Camp, Baguio City, March 11-13, 2008.
2) Barangay Administration and Development Program (BADP). Teachers Camp, Baguio City, April 8-10 2008.
3) Training on the Preparation of Resolutions and Ordinances for Punong Barangays and Barangay Secretaries. Baguio City Multipurpose Hall, Philippines, July 9 2008.
4) Comprehensive Training Seminar for Barangay Secretaries. University of the Philippines Auditorium, Baguio City, Philippines, September 5, 2008.
5) The Governance and Leadership Education for Barangay Officials, Baguio City Multipurpose Hall, Philippines, September 14, 2008.
6) Police Community Relations and the Latest Techniques in Court Proceedings, Baguio Central University, High School Auditorium, Baguio City, September 27, 2008.
7) A Training Program on Product Identification, Evaluation and Utilization designed for client-agencies of the Procurement Service, Marco Polo Function Room, El Cielito Inn, 50 North Drive, Engineer’s Hill, Baguio City, October 29, 2008.
8) Philippine Government Electronics Procurement System (PhilGEPS) v1.1 Hands-on Training, STI College, New Lucban, Baguio City, October 29, 2008.
9) Universal Peace Federation International Leadership Conference, Hotel Veniz, Baguio City, Philippines, November 12, 2008.
10) Lakbay Aral for Barangay Officials, Cebu-Bohol, November 29, 2008 – December 2, 2008.